Involved
Wow, 14 more days left. God is so amazing. A couple months ago, I thought that I would have a really hard time in the last weeks before I leave. But so far, I have this amazing peace. I know that this is where Jesus wants me for the time being. What a great feeling it is to let go of everything and follow Jesus where He takes me. It's worth the pain of leaving to live in the calling that Jesus has placed on my life to go into all the world and preach the gospel.
Yesterday, I was reading a book called "Elijah- Annointed and Stressed" by Jeff Lucas. This one part really stood out to me.
Yesterday, I was reading a book called "Elijah- Annointed and Stressed" by Jeff Lucas. This one part really stood out to me.
"Real praying can never say, 'God, would you please get involved with this situation, as I, your passive servant, don't want to bother.' Prayer is a spring board, a trigger that really should carry a government health warning: 'Prayer is risky, and may seriously affect your capacity for ease, comfort and general mediocrity(33)."
God is calling me to action. God is calling me to be involved in what He is doing. How do I respond? Well, I am going to jump into Christ's fullness and embrace all He has for me. Wow, what a priveledge it is that Jesus would even want us to be involved in what He is doing around the world. What an honour it is to follow Jesus and to walk in his footsteps.
--- Amanda


3 Comments:
Hey A&A! I am so glad you have a blog now. Ever since a certain sister-in-law of mine got me into blogging I have really enjoyed spending (wasting?) lots of time looking at blogs. I look forward to being able to watch your life from afar. And you can watch little Hannah growing up on mine. Technology has its priviledges. Give your parents big hugs for us. We really miss them. (When are they going to get a blog?) Love you both!
By
Julie, at 11:24 PM
Hey Gals,
I can't believe how quickly the days are passing until your departure. May God's presence fill you with strength, and all truth. Wherever the spirit of the Lord is there is peace.
However, the enemy loves to stir up trouble when we are acting on our faith. So...I pray a hedge of protection around both of your hearts,around all the details that have to be in place for you to travel, and for your safety - knowing that God has and will continue to empowered you for the task ahead.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)
Blessings to you both, Jan
By
Jan, at 12:31 PM
Hi girls,
I just found your blog, how exciting! It will be fun to see what adventures you girls have.
your welcome to check out what the krazie keeleys are up to as well.
take care
luv mandy
By
dandy, at 1:55 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home