Amber and Amanda's Adventures

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dinner Anyone?

We would like to invite you to come out to lunch with us.One of our friends took us here yesterday, and we felt compelled to ask you to come and join us. It's alot of fun. The restaurant we will be going to is located in a crowded part of town. The kitchen is in the middle of the restaurant. There are no shelves, or cupboards. The kitchen consists of 2 huge pots on a long tailed boat in the middle of the restaurant. And yes, let us not forget to tell you who will be joining us. It's Grandpa Monkey. You have to keep your eye out for Him though, if he takes something of yours, you will probably never get it back. It's a lot of fun! The meal we will eat is a type of soup that has flavours I can't ever remember tasting in Canada. Yah I know the soup is hot, but it's good. Oh yah, let us mention, there is no air con. But don't worry, according to Thai people this is the cool season. It's probably only around 35'Celcius at lunch time. So do we have any takers? The price is only about 50 cents for a filling meal.

3 Comments:

  • 35 degrees?!?! Wow. Back home in Abbotsford we just got a truckload of snow. It's -2 or -3 with the windchill. I guess Thailand doesn't get our definition of winter. Isn't it cool how diverse God made the world? Certain places experience certain things while other places experience something completely different... Awesome! I'm so encouraged by your updates and blog posts :) Thank you! I love and miss you both,
    Natasha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

  • Hey Amanda and Amber!
    It is so nice to get to hear about your lives in Thailand as well--and to think that we are only a couple time zones away! You are both so encouraging to me...you are like heroines in my eyes. Thank you for continually supporting me as well..it means more than you girls know. Keep having fun and living your lives for God each day! Love,
    Beth

    By Blogger Beth, at 10:05 AM  

  • What an experience that would be! I would love to come to dinner with you! Maybe one day, we will get to experience Thailand with you.

    Did I ever tell you that when I was little, I always wanted a pet monkey. I have since heard that they are dirty & can be a real pain in the butt!

    I get to see your parents this weekend. I am soo excited. Your family is dearly missed here!

    By Blogger Mandy, at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home