Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
This past Christmas was our second one, in a row, here in Thailand. At Christmas time last year, we were so happy that we were in a hot tropical country instead of our cold, rainy, snowy country. But this year we actually missed the snow a little. We were talking about how it would be nice to see the snow for maybe 2 or 3 days. I don't know if we could handle it any longer than that though. It's getting more difficult to wrap our heads around any temperature lower than 20 degrees Celsius.

This Christmas we really enjoyed going caroling with a bunch of the members of the Thai church we are attending. I have to say our Thai friends take Christmas caroling to a whole new level. They didn't just go caroling one night to only a couple places, but they went several nights to around 10 different places each night (and at most of the places the hosts gave them something to eat or drink-you get SO full). The time that we went with them, we didn't return home until 2:30am.
Here we are caroling in Robinson's on Christmas Day. Some of the employees were even dressed up like Santa Claus and a cow(??).

Here Amanda is with two of our younger Thai friends at a Christmas production.
This picture was taken by our little neighbour who is five years old.

This picture was taken at the Tsunami memorial we went to in Phangnga on Dec.26. Thousands of these latterns (made out of rice paper) were let off to remember the thousands that died here.

Here I(Amber) am hanging out with the cows on an island that was greatly devestated by the tsunami. We went to visit some of the people while we were there.

This is my favourite picture. In the picture Amanda is hanging out with some of the kids on Koh Kho Khaw island.
For New Year's Eve, Amanda stayed here, in Phuket, with my parents, and celebrated with some friends of ours. But I had to rush off to Malaysia to do another visa run. God continues to show me that He is all I need. No matter where I go or what I do, He is there with me, watching me, protecting me, and loving me. No matter how alone I may be,I don't get lonely because the Creator of the Universe, who is also the Author of Love, never leaves my side. There is so much joy and peace in following and knowing Jesus.

This Christmas we really enjoyed going caroling with a bunch of the members of the Thai church we are attending. I have to say our Thai friends take Christmas caroling to a whole new level. They didn't just go caroling one night to only a couple places, but they went several nights to around 10 different places each night (and at most of the places the hosts gave them something to eat or drink-you get SO full). The time that we went with them, we didn't return home until 2:30am.
Here we are caroling in Robinson's on Christmas Day. Some of the employees were even dressed up like Santa Claus and a cow(??).

Here Amanda is with two of our younger Thai friends at a Christmas production.
This picture was taken by our little neighbour who is five years old.

This picture was taken at the Tsunami memorial we went to in Phangnga on Dec.26. Thousands of these latterns (made out of rice paper) were let off to remember the thousands that died here.

Here I(Amber) am hanging out with the cows on an island that was greatly devestated by the tsunami. We went to visit some of the people while we were there.

This is my favourite picture. In the picture Amanda is hanging out with some of the kids on Koh Kho Khaw island.
For New Year's Eve, Amanda stayed here, in Phuket, with my parents, and celebrated with some friends of ours. But I had to rush off to Malaysia to do another visa run. God continues to show me that He is all I need. No matter where I go or what I do, He is there with me, watching me, protecting me, and loving me. No matter how alone I may be,I don't get lonely because the Creator of the Universe, who is also the Author of Love, never leaves my side. There is so much joy and peace in following and knowing Jesus.


1 Comments:
Hey Amber! Good to hear from you. I'm glad your last trip out of the country went okay. Merry belated Christmas. Its hard to believe you have had two Christmases there already!
By
Julie, at 3:04 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home