Amber and Amanda's Adventures

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Fon Tok (The rain is falling)

These pictures were taken on a day where it wasn't just raining cats and dogs but more like elephants and crocodiles.


This is our neighbourhood guard. But he is also a prankster. Here he took the bikes of all the kids that were in our house and piled them up on top of each other. But we caught him in the act. Ha Ha Ha!



The kids were trying to prevent the flooding from happening by taking dustpans and buckets and pushing the water back onto the already flooded road. It was fun! We were soaked.

2 Comments:

  • I thought that shorts were a big no no in Thailand. I noticed that Amber is wearing shorts here. Am I mistaken?

    By Blogger Mandy, at 9:53 AM  

  • Hi Amanda, Hi Amber!

    You probably don't know who I am but I definitely know who you are! I'm a girl from Vancouver Chinese MB Church, you guys visited us last summer! And boy your visit was a life changing experience for me! All along I thought that I was doing what God wants me to do, as you guys kept quoting, "to do what He wants me to do and go where He wants me to go." I've always thought i lived that out until you two came along and shared your lives with us. I remember how you guys were saying how God wanted you to tlk to this popular girl in high school and you obeyed! About confessing little "exaggerated" lies....and then I realized that I was not living out that quote at all! rather I was running away from Him and choosing what I want to do instead of doing EVERYTHING!

    i've actually wanted to go on a mission trip for a long time, but i know that my attitude was not right. I was too prideful and wasn't going for the right reason. And your visit confirmed that! So I waited and prayed after your sharing. Trying to live out "doing what He wants me to do and going where He wants me to go" locally.

    and then...around december i received His calling to go on a mission trip! confirmations after confirmations came. ie. at Bible Study Fellowship the lecturer gave us the the exact same quote that i hold so dear to... to do what He wants and go where He wants.

    And through a bunch of what you can call "freak coincidences" (but i call them God's planning), I will be going to Chiang Mai in June!! I'm so excited! I wish to see and visit you too. But at least it's still Thailand and that means a lot to me... that God is really paving the way and in control of everything.

    Thank you so much for visiting VCMBC Amanda&Amber. You guys were truly messengers from God! God is SO awesome! =D

    Oh! feel free to email me at piggy_muffin@hotmail.com

    God bless you both!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home